Adding the Manage subscriptions link
Once a client subscribes to any of your products, they may want to edit their active subscription from time to time. To give them easier access, you can add the “Manage subscriptions” link to the customer login screen (or the customer account, or both). Once added, your subscribers will be able to navigate to the Customer Portal directly from these places and manage their subscriptions as needed.
If you’re using a 2.0 theme, you can simply add the link to your store theme in the Shopify Admin.
- Go to Shopify Admin > Online Store and click “Customize”
- Open the Customer login page template (under Classic customer accounts)
- Scroll to where you would like the link to be added, then click on the “on the “Add section” button that appears
- Select “Juo Manage Subscription Link” from the dropdown menu
- Remember to save the template.
If you’d like the “Manage Subscriptions” link to appear in the customer account in your store, follow the same steps for the Customer account page template.
If you’re using an older theme, you can add the link by editing the liquid files. This requires some knowledge about how Shopify templates’ code works, so if you have any issues, just reach out to us.
- Go to Shopify Admin > Online Store
- Click the actions menu and choose “Edit code”
- Find the main-login.liquid file under Sections — depending on the theme version, it can also appear under Templates/login.liquid.
- In the liquid file, copy and paste the snippet below where you would like the “Manage Subscriptions” link to appear.
- Once the snippet is added, hit “Save” to apply the changes.
- If you want the “Manage subscriptions” link to appear on other pages, like the client account, repeat the steps 3-5 for the customers/account.liquid file.